About Us: Vision, Mission and Public Support
- Access to Rowing and Paddling Philadelphia (ASX2RP) envisions Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as a city and region where all members of its urban and suburban communities have the choice, opportunity and access to facilities and equipment that will enable them to enjoy rowing and paddling for pleasure, fitness and competition.
- Accordingly, AXS2RP also seeks to work with other agencies and entities in the public and private sectors to create a Community Public Boathouse on the Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park. Such a facility will not only enhance local resources for inclusive rowing and paddling, but will also become the center for broad-based and continuous community access to them.
- AXS2RP organizes, supports and promotes programs that:
- Give the citizens of Philadelphia and its surrounding communities opportunities to try their hand at rowing and paddling
- Encourage and educate citizens to consider rowing and paddling as healthy lifestyle choices for themselves and their families, and
- Enable them to safely enjoy rowing and paddling in the beautiful surroundings of Fairmount Park and other locations.
- AXS2RP also works to advance the creation of a new professionally managed multi-use Community Public Boathouse and recreational facility on the Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park. The new facility will not only house inclusive rowing and paddling programs, but will also increase public access to the many enjoyable resources of the Park in general.
Public Support – Donations Welcome!
The IRS has determined AXS2RP to be a public charity under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and that public contributions to it are deductible to donors under section 170 of the Code. We gratefully appreciate individual, foundation and corporate support for the fulfillment of our vision and mission. If you would like to support our efforts, please contact Christopher Blackwall, President, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.